Over the past few days I’ve finished the paint on my first three freight motors for the Niagara St. Catharines & Toronto Railway. I painted the orange window frames, white railings, and brass bell. I also applied brass to the inside of the headlamps and picked out the windshield wipers in dark silver and grey-black.
I did most of this work with a brush and wet palette – something I’ve been using more of for painting figures for tabletop skirmish games. Everything got two coats.
Next up, I’ll spray the bodies with a gloss coat to protect the paint and provide a good surface for decals. I have some Black Cat Publishing decals for the CNR wafers and numbers, and am waiting on an order of white stripes from Microscale for the frames. While I wait, I can start installing DCC.
These are very close to completion and I’m already preparing for the next NS&T freight motor project. This is an exciting time in the workshop, indeed!