I have to apologize. This video is awful. I can hear the yells of “Focus! Focus!” already.
But I was juggling the camera and the LokProgrammer computer interface – and production quality suffered. Don’t tell my friends from university: I should be better at this.
With that out of the way…
While I wait for decals to arrive, I’ve started installing DCC and Sound into my first three NS&T freight motors. I’ll fit each with a LokSound V5, an ESU PowerPak (electronic flywheel), and a decent, high-bass speaker.
Everything fit nicely on top of the frame, the body lowers over it without any issues. The result, as applied to #19, is shown in the above (horrid, little) video.
There’s still a lot of programming to do – from tweaking motor performance, to adjusting sound samples and volumes. (And Matt Herman at ESU North America deserves a huge thank you for his help with this project. He fixed a couple of goofs I made in programming the decoder, which I never would’ve found.)
I must also install a headlight at each end – something that won’t happen until I’ve finished lettering, finishing, and weathering the bodies. But so far, so good!
One down: two to go.